What Makes Us Different
Here are six reasons why we’re different than those who claim to do what we do.
1. Specific Solutions For Specific Problems.
Our experience has taught us that there is a plethora of reasons why leadership performance may be sluggish or why your business growth is less than desired.
Off-the-shelf training programs rarely have a significant and lasting impact on leadership performance, because they fail to address one or more critical issues – issues that were never identified PRIOR to ANY training endeavor.
Because we believe “you can’t effectively prescribe until you diagnose”, we will not recommend any solution before we have clearly and concisely identified what we believe the “real” challenges to be. Consequently, our customized programs are simply more effective and efficient in helping you grow your leaders and your business results.
2. Activity-Driven Versus Theory-Driven.
Ultimately, success in business simply comes down to what you and your people actually DO. In other words, every position has specific “activities” that are critical to the mission of your organization. The extent to which those activities are executed will ultimately, determine your success.
While theoretical programs that address individual feelings and perceptions may well be interesting and even entertaining, how people feel and think must be translated into what they “do”. Education without implementation… is merely entertainment.
Our solutions are custom-designed to increase the level of engagement and execution of your mission-critical activities, which results in higher productivity, sales and bottom-line results.
3. We specialize in working with technical organizations in sales and leadership.
Our expertise is in the growth of technical organizations through leadership and sales. Financial institutions, insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, biotech firms, CRO’s, IT consulting firms, architectural and accounting firms are examples.
4. Our prior professional experience has been in leadership positions in technical organizations.
Our coaches and trainers have come from technical backgrounds, including insurance, consulting, pharmaceutical, biotech and CRO industries. Not only have we held key leadership positions in these corporate environments, but we have significant consulting and entrepreneurial experience as well. As a result, we are not coaching from a vacuum, but we have really been there – leading other technical professionals to achieve extraordinary results for the corporation.
For example, Dave Miller served as a key leader in ASA, Inc., an actuarial consulting firm. Dave helped grow the company from 300 employees to 600 employees in 7 years. He also played a critical role in increasing the value of the company from 7 cents per share to $14 per share (an increase of 200 x).
5. Our Proprietary Diagnostic Tool For Solution Customization.
Our proprietary tool – the ChangeWorks Profile – is the only client-driven, activity-specific coaching and management tool in existence. It provides the insight on exactly how to tailor our programs with pinpoint accuracy to get the best results for your organization. Specifically, it answers four questions about your leaders:
1) How READY are they to handle their situation?
2) How ENGAGED are they in the tasks that lay before them?
3) How likely are they to follow through and actually DO what needs to be done?
4) What type and level of support do they need to INCREASE their performance and KEEP them on track?
As a result, we are working on the causes of your problems rather than the symptoms.
We believe that any organization should spend a little money understanding their problems before they spend a lot of money solving them.
The ChangeWorks Profile also allows us to measure and monitor the most critical factor in success in sales and leadership– “productive tension”.
6. Our track record of helping leaders in these organizations succeed.
- Actuarial Society of South Africa
- ACTEX Publications
- AXA Financial
- Aon Consulting
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Kansas City
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Tennessee
- Center for Disease Control
- CISCO Systems
- Custom Training Design
- Fall River Consulting
- Farmers Insurance
- Fidelity Insurance
- Hanover Insurance Co.
- Huggins Actuarial Services
- Institute of Actuaries of Australia
- John Timmerberg and Associates
- Johnson & Johnson
- Lincoln Financial Group
- Milliman USA
- Munich Re
- Problem Solving Enterprises
- QPS Pharmaceutical Services
- Ruark Consulting
- Society of Actuaries
- Sullivan Financial Services
- Sun Life Financial
- Three Rivers
- Thomson Reuters
- WPH – Architects for Ministry
- Westport Worldwide LLC